Stains are no less than nightmares. They destroy your clothes in seconds. I am sure you cannot even count on how many times your favorite dish has ruined your brand new blazer or shirt. Unfortunately, when you try to remove them you end up torturing the clothes and the stains laugh at your efforts maintaining their position with pride on it. Almost everyone on earth has dealt with such spots at least once in their lifetime. Stains from tea, coffee, ink and juices have become a part of our life. No matter how much you try to protect your outfit, bed sheet or tablecloths from them, in the end they somehow make their way to your belongings.
Now it’s time for the evil stains to suffer. In this blog, I will be sharing some tips with you that are tried and tested on stubborn stains and showed 100% positive results against them.
Here are the tips provided by RebelApparel – Online Clothing for all that will help you win the battle against some commonly seen stains
1. Chocolate stain
We love chocolates. Don’t we? but the love turns into a hatred when a drop of it lands on to our clothes. Next time when you face something like this do the following
- Don’t rub it just freeze it and brush off the hardened portion from the cloth
- Keep the back of it under hot water and so that the spot melts down
- Use detergent and soak it in milk for 30 minutes to an hour
- Rinse it with normal water
2. Coffee Stains
Coffee is not just a drink, it is like a true friend that stays with us in our ups and downs. But this friend becomes an enemy when it touches our clothes. The good news is that there is a solution to this as well. In case of such tragedy,
- just soak the cloth immediately with lukewarm water.
- Dab the stain with vinegar diluted in water
- Finally, wash it with that hottest water that is recommended for fabrics.
This method is stronger than detergents containing harsh chemicals and gentle on your clothes at the same time.
3. Sweat Stains
Over sweating leaves marks on garments which certainly do not look good. Instead of throwing such clothes in trash bags, try these tips to start reusing them
- Apply activated charcoal onto the area and leave it for few hours
- Shake it off well and use a vacuum to clean the remaining part.
- If there is a prominent mark in the armpit area you can also apply enzyme cleaner to clean it up.
Most of the people believe that blood stains are permanent but that is not true. Blood stains can also be treated that too with a simple ingredient from your kitchen, that is salt.
- you need to make a paste of water and salt
- Then directly apply it on the spot
- Wash it off with water after 16 minutes
5. Ink Stains
The most common source of this type of stain is a leaky pen. The best way to treat them is soaking the area with alcohol-based products like hairspray, deodorants etc.
6. Oil Stains
In order to remove any kind of greasy stain wash them with dishwashing liquid or strong detergents.
It is true that stains are annoying but the fact is they are unavoidable. No matter how careful you are, you cannot always escape from such disasters but with these above-mentioned tips to remove stains from clothes, you can certainly save your garments from permanent damage.